Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 14 ~ January 31 2009 ~ Mammogram


I debated whether or not to post this picture. It is very personal. I told the radiology tech that I was documenting my daily life and she might have thought it was a little strange. Anyway, I got this image of my right breast being squashed. Geez. Anyway, after this follow up mammogram, the radiologist ordered an ultrasound. Still no difinitive results. So he came and talked to me about doing a special test called Molecular Breast Imaging. He said he was 98% sure that what was showing up was scar tissue from a biopsy done in 2001 but to make sure, the test would be the best and easiest to do. I am scheduled for Friday, 11:00am MST. He preferred this type of test vs. an MRI. I'll have the results at the end of the 1 hr. test. He was pretty sure I did not have breast cancer and I can only hope he is right. In the meantime, God has given me the gift of peaceful acceptance as I wait until Friday. I imagine I'll get anxious on Thursday night and Friday morning. However, I'm thanking God for scar tissue. When I talk to the radiologist, I'll ask why it didn't show up the last time. Oh, well. Maybe I'll even get his picture. He is the best looking radiologist I have ever met.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this even though it is so personal. I've never seen what a mammogram looks like and I've never had one done. I think your courage is admirable. Good luck with the rest of the tests. I pray that God grants you a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marrianna,
    I am also praying for wonderful scar tissue at your exam today!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marrianna,

    Thinking of you and praying for positive outcomes!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete